The yogurt gives the cupcakes a really moist texture and adds a lovely extra depth to the sponge. The warming ginger works so well with the bright refreshing lemon.
Makes approx 10 – 12
- 150g/5oz margarine
- 150g/5oz self raising flour
- 150g/5oz caster sugar
- 50g/2oz Plain or greek yogurt
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 table spoons of chopped stem ginger
For the icing
- 250g/9oz of fondant icing
- Juice and zest of one large lemon
- 2 table spoon of stem ginger syrup
- 2 table spoons of chopped stem ginger for decoration
Pre-heat your oven to 160
line a muffin/cupcake tray with cupcake/muffin cases
tip: Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature including the eggs.
Mix the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
slowly combine the eggs a bit at a time
gently mix in the yogurt
sift in the flour and gently mix until combined
mix in the chopped stem ginger
spoon into cupcake cases and fill just over half way. Do not over fill as you need space for the fondant icing
Stir until a thick but dropping consistency is formed.
Any questions please let me know and if you need any of the other recipes let me know.